Across The River And Through The Ikea

On Saturday I travelled across the river into the Minnesota territory to take my dad to my brother's house. I got to see the new little birdy--pretty much still a lump (3 weeks old). I got to play with Toad (avoiding the ever-present hot lava). Then my brother, dad, and I went to go pick up my dad's new truck. Good times. After that, I headed across town to my friend's new apartment. After climbing the four flights of stairs and coming to again, it was pretty fantastic! It was an old hotel that had been renovated into apartments. There are hardwood floors throughout, tan concrete walls, big tall windows, and stainless steel appliances. The only thing that would have made it better would have been hand towels! He does have a lot of fancy new furniture, though. I was so jealous. Saturday night took us to a local Mexican restaurant around the corner from his apartment. We started with margaritas and jumped into the bar scene head-first after that. I got to see a super-high class hotel bar and got a good tour of the downtown. Sunday we did breakfast at Joe's Garage. It was outdoor dining, so obviously fantabulous due to the picture-perfect weather. After that extended dining experience, we went to the Ikea for some light shopping. Who knew there was so much crap there? Good times were had by all. I got art and martini glasses (a small stock of 24). It was quite the experience. I wound down Sunday night with a little rest and relaxation on my friends' river-front porch. Always a good way to end the weekend. And here we go again. We're off...

Comments

Popular Posts