Blocks Of A Writer

So there is this fella I work with who fancies himself a playwright. From the brain that brought you Check, Please! comes Blocks of a Writer. Out of the goodness of my heart, I attended a read-thru of the latest version last night. He does treat us well with hunks of cheese, baskets of crackers and pretzels, and red, red wine.

Above and beyond the snackies, a good night of entertainment was had by all. First of all, this is a group of some of the craziest and funniest people I know. Secondly, the play is really damn funny. Good stuff. Look for it in theatres hopefully next fall. I think I have an in to design programs!

The only complaint I have was the part he had me reading, Woman 3. Early on in the show she says, "I’m a slightly neurotic working gal who records a blog of her quirky everyday activities." To which I busted out laughing as did everyone else there who knows it more than rang true. So this one's for you Todd.

Comments

Popular Posts