Adoration, Titillation, I'm The Victim Now

I'm continuing my Stroke 9 Washin' + Wonderin' lyrics as the title of my blog. I do love that song so and I finally got to listen to it on the drive up to Durand last Thursday night.

Due to a most surprisingly interesting Wednesday, I missed work on Thursday and slept most of the day. It was late in the day before I was motivated to get ready and pack my bags for the girlie weekend. I transported Peanut to the folks' house where he promptly got sick for them. After rubbing his back, I was back on track to stop at Shirley's house. She finally let me go with an "I hope Jenny appreciates you tonight. Don't talk yourself out; I want the whole story tomorrow." I really hoped Jenny appreciated me too, because I did not arrive until 10:47pm. The cheddar snacks would have to wait until Friday morning.

Friday Jenny woke me with coffee and a cinnamon roll. What a great way to start girlie weekend! I made my famous cheddar snacks while Jenny got everything else ready to go. Shirley and Beth finally arrived in our travel vehicle: a Toyota 4Runner. Worked out well except for the far back seats, which were apparently designed for midgets.

Friday at the cabin proved rainy and we spent most of our time lounging around relaxing. We ventured out for a late dinner at TJ's Margaritaville where good service was not on the menu. The food was pretty damn good, though.
The sun came out for us on Saturday and even got us to turn on the central air in the cabin. We had lunch at Angler's downtown Hayward and then visited a few shops and the Wine Cave. Fabulously relaxing. We spent the late afternoon playing cards on the deck and as the sun went down, we went down to the dock to soak up the last warmth of the day. There was a small incident of drunken boaters after dark, but I won't post pictures of it so nobody has to know. ;)
We welcomed Sunday morning down on the dock as well. I got my best pictures of the lake and cabin in those early sunlit moments. After shutting down the cabin for 2007, we headed into town for lunch and then did our fudge shopping. The sky clouded over as we drove out of Hayward and as the trip depression began to slowly wash over us, Shirley left a trail so we could find our way back again next year.

Comments

  1. can we start the countdown for next year's week long get away??

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts