I Survived Birthday Week!

Barely.

Sunday was dinner at Buzzard Billy's with a friend and drinks at Top Shots to visit Blondy.

Monday was supposed to be a quiet night, but turned into The Freighthouse night with the girls and out for drinks at John's Bar. That turned into celebrating my birthday with a couple of willing boys at the bar. 

Tuesday was ACTUALLY my birthday and I celebrated by trying sushi with Ken for lunch. Definitely intriguing! More celebration followed at the bowling alley (I did poorly). I kicked off the bar tour with mellow drinks at the Bodega, a few birthday shots, and a little ramping up before heading home to Blondy's to order pizza, play Guitar Hero, and crash on her couch.

Wednesday began bright and early with lunch (which was supposed to be breakfast) at Fayze's with bloody marys and a special shot from the bar. Blondy knows everyone! I followed up my afternoon nap with a night out at Loons on La Crosse for comedy. This was the planned birthday celebration with all my friends. Drinks and more shots downtown tailed close behind comedy.

Thursday I was supposed to take it easy (it was after all the Sunday of my birthday weekend). I had lunch at my sister's and visited with my niece while she flopped around on her gigantic birthday pillow. A text prodded me to position myself on a bar stool at The Starlite Lounge for "a couple." That afternoon soon pressed on to an evening on the north side with a big old boot of beer in my hand. I managed to escape early in the evening.

Friday morning I woke with my first neck pain headache since I began visiting a chiropractor. I forgot how painful and debilitating those can be. By afternoon I was icing my neck and popping pain pills and finally my neck eased back into place. A restful day, if not for the pain.

Saturday I had plans to celebrate my birthday with my parents and my sister's family at the Pizza Corral in Holmen. Dinner was delicious and thanks to a detour to my sister's house, I even got a birthday cupcake with a candle in it. I had to blow it out and they relit it 29 times. After that, I was tired. I conned the Tremplo folks to have a birthday campfire as the finale to my birthday week and it was there I was dubbed Marshmallow Wench. I don't think it was birthday week appropriate.

Luckily my birthday week bender is over. What a hell of a way to close out my twenties. I don't think that will ever happen again. *whew*

Comments

Popular Posts