The Sun Spills From The Sky

It is unusual how a person can become accustomed to seeing something from a certain perspective. Usually I come into work one way and journey home on a back road away from traffic and with the added beauty of nature and curvy roads. Today I went home for lunch since I was supposed to go out for dinner directly after work and thought my puppy would appreciate the added outing. I came back to work on the winding back road that I usually take home. I was surprised to find that it appeared completely different. There are houses hidden behind trees that you don't even see coming the other way. Each curve in the road is completely foreign and I am surprised to see what is waiting on the other side of the hills. And the bluffs that are usually at my back are prominently displayed against the sky. With the fall colors, it appears to me that the sun has spilled right out of the sky and onto the trees. I'm not sure if it is so beautiful because I appreciate the colors of fall so much or if it is so beautiful because I am viewing it as I've never seen it before. It was a good Friday lesson learned in viewing life from a new perspective.

Comments

Popular Posts