Snowed In In Tremp City

So, with an impending blizzard, and the thought of having no plans for the weekend, I got my act together on Saturday and went grocery shopping. After all, if I was going to be snowed in, I should have some food in the house. I picked up three movies at the Walsmart and made a list of all the things I should accomplish with my free time. Then I got the call. A conference had been held and it was decided I should pack up Peanut and head to Tremp City to hunker down for the storm there. I got home from shopping and put away all of my supplies, quickly packed a bag for me and one for Peanut, and hopped in the car. I delivered Peanut to Grandma and Grandpa's house. I enjoyed dinner with the folks and then made my way down towards the river. At the S&S Holiday Inn, we played a few hands of cards, watched a few movies, and had a few drinks. As I was crawling into bed I thought about how lucky I was to have friends like these...until they disrupted my ruminations with a gigglefest from the other room. These kinds of memories aren't made every day. I've been left to fend for myself as they celebrate the holidays with their family. I just got a call from my family and I've turned down the invitation to travel to our celebration in favor of waiting it out for another night at the S&S Holiday Inn. Possibly tomorrow I will be ready to rejoin civilization for a holiday celebration. Hopefully the weather will agree.

Comments

Popular Posts