Tis The Season

It is party season! Yesterday I attended my first official holiday party at my boss's home. This took the place of our regular 3-5pm sales meeting, so that is always a bonus. The big guy had Traditions cater some hors d'oeuvres, which were delicious. I heard rave reviews about the chocolaty dessert nibbles, but I stuck to the bacon-wrapped scallops, stuffed mushrooms, and such. Downstairs around the crackling fire, the bartender was pouring a stiff vodka tonic that warmed me from the inside. As the sun slid down across the snow on the Mississippi outside the back door, the party goers began to collect their shoes and coats from the overflowing front hall and say their goodbyes. A few of us decided to continue the festivities at a nearby tavern. We enjoyed a dash of conversation with our coworkers, sprinkled with shots, and some brand new experiences for some. After a few more hours, I decided to call it a night and head for the hills. It was a lovely way to start the season.

Comments

Popular Posts