Cold Weather Campfire

There is nothing more satisfying than being able to have a campfire in the middle of the winter when it is supposed to be cold outside! Okay, I could think of a few things, but our cold weather campfire last Saturday ranks right up there. In preparation for the cold weather campfire, I warmed the hot buttered rum, dressed in layers, bundled up in my hat, scarf, mittens, and down winter coat and trudged across the snowy yard towards the fire pit. As soon as I arrived at the fire, I knew I had overdressed. I stripped off my coat and mittens and moved my chair back as far away from the fire as I could. The night proved enjoyable all around with sparkling conversation, savory hot dogs, and sweet smores. The experience may just sustain me through this cold weather until it is actually campfire season again.

Comments

Popular Posts