Catching Up

It seems like it has been so long since I updated my blog. So much has happened since last Thursday! Well, not really. Friday I met up with some friends during a snow storm in Winona to attend the big Dueling Pianos show at the Big River Room. They had us crammed in like sardines. My friends had arrived before me and selected the center, front row table. They saved the seat right off the stage for me. Sweet. This did put me in prime position to be the proud recipient of the tambourine during Sweet Caroline. One of Beth's sisters got one too, so I had to carry the weight of the rythm. I think my arms are still sore. Dueling Pianos is a show that encourages drinking and the service at the establishment was shoddy at best. At one time the waitress was walking around with shots. Set your damn shots down and get me a beer! I'm dying of thirst here! Then a trip to the bathroom revealed only one working toilet. Maybe that is why they were trying to prevent people from drinking too much. It was almost half time (where the show starts to go downhill anyhow), so I hit the snowy roads to head home. I only saw one accident and it wasn't me. I made it home safely that night. Saturday was spent with my sister attending another community theatre show. We saw "Company" at Appleseed Community Theatre. The show was good, but maybe not for me. It is all about couples trying to convince the single friend that he needs to get married. What an uplifting experience. I headed out for a dirty martini with the light guy and then off to the cast party where I was banished to the kitchen because I had brought red wine. The high-light of my weekend may very well have been filing my taxes on Sunday. I'm getting enough to pay for my trip to Cozumel! That was the plan, so I'm glad it all worked out. Speaking of which, 12 days, 20 hours, and 5 minutes before I jet off!

Comments

Popular Posts