No Rest For The Wicked

Apparently there is no rest for the wicked. My friend called me yesterday afternoon to beg for help to get her kitchen finished before her jewelery party this evening. Jesus and I took a little power nap and then headed to Tremp City for another adventure. While Jesus saw the sites of Tremp City, I slaved away painting trim and doors. It was amazing how as I painted, Sam toiled away on serious projects, and Shirley cleaned, cleaned, cleaned, the house began to resemble a home again. If you've ever been through a kitchen remodel, you know what it is like. It is definitely a unique experience to have your refrigerator in the dining room and a make-shift cooking station set up with microwave, toaster, and coffee pot to get you through. And when you are doing dishes in the bathroom sink or tub, you have to think about how awesome the final outcome is going to be otherwise you'd cry. Well, Shirley did a little crying, but overall we got stuff done and I headed home around 2am. I understand she is still working away today. It will all be over soon and I know the final outcome will be worth it!

Comments

Popular Posts