At The Movies

Last week I managed to see three movies I had never seen before! It all started Monday with a Walk Hard viewing at a friends house accompanied by a bottle of red wine. Although it turned out to be a late night, it was a pretty good time.

On Friday, I broke the movie theater barrier. I walked right into the Rivoli and stated that I needed a ticket for Definitely, Maybe. I hadn't heard of this one before Friday, but it was better than I expected it would be. At one point, my friend made a comment that we were the only ones drinking and I replied it was because we were surrounded by 16 to 20-year-old girls. If that is your scene, this is your movie! Overall, I would have been happier in the main theater, not the screening room, for this one. Side note: I also forgot how creepy that bathroom is downstairs during the movie when nobody else is around.

Saturday I was supposed to finally get to see the much-acclaimed What The #$*! Do We Know, but after dinner, we got side-tracked at the Bodega until bar time. Ooops. Luckily we already purchased the red wine to go along with it, so I'm saving it for a future showing.

Late Sunday night, I finally sat in front of the television and popped in Thoroughly Modern Millie. I was trying to burn some music to my itunes, so the musical was kind of distracting. Also, I'm not quite sure what the run-time on this was, but they definitely could have cut out the Overture and Intermission music. Seriously...it's a movie. Either work it into the action, or let it go. I'm not sure if I was displeased with this one because of it's merits or the late hour, but I'm not willing to give it another try. This one was shipped back to Netflix today. Next up: The Cider House Rules.

PS... My annual housewarming party was in full planning swing this weekend. I think you'll be pleased!

Comments

  1. Oooooh! That bathroom is creepy. If you haven't seen Cider House Rules Yet, you'll like it.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts