Dinner Night @ Home

I spent last night elbow deep in chicken tortilla soup. I put together a crock pot with chicken, peppers, Mexican tomatoes, garlic, lime, and chicken broth. It smelled savory last night, I can only imagine what wonderful aromas are wafting through my home today as it simmers. With a quick stop at the grocery store yesterday, I picked up the necessities to make corn bread when I get home tonight and Mexican wedding cookies which I made last night under the watchful eyes of a bottle of red wine and a friend. Although I didn't finalize my decision about serving pieces (I know I'm weird), I feel as though I'm all ready to get mexxed up! I can't wait to get home, crack open the bottles of margarita, slice up a lime for the Coronas and dig into the Fiesta dip and guacamole. My friends don't even know what they are in for when they come over to my home for "dinner." {insert evil laugh here}

Comments

Popular Posts