Busy, Busy, Busy

It was such a busy weekend! Who knew I had so much to do? I kicked off the holiday weekend with an abbreviated day at work on Friday, a nap, and Friday fish with my family. Saturday I had plans to do some more weeding and gardening with my sister in my mother's flower beds. While I toiled away in my parent's dirt, my father was at my house prepping for my trellis project. Everything went smoothly and we enjoyed a brat dinner afterwards! Thanks dad! On Sunday, my parents came over to start my trellis project. While they were there, I mowed the lawn, we finished the tedious job of priming the lattice, we enjoyed lunch together, and my mom even got a nap in! By dinner time, everyone was tired and after a walk with my dog, I enjoyed a few moments with my feet up before heading back out to paint the lattice. Needless to say, it was an early night for me! Monday started bright and early with a cup of coffee in the garage painting the other side of the trellis. I also got the new post painted as well as the one that had previously been chipping away in front of my garage. There is something about the freshness of new white paint that I just can't get enough of. It makes me want to tackle the rest of the trim (I should probably strike while that iron is hot). I may need to wait until I regain feeling in my hand, because unfortunately painting has left me with a little numbness. After a lunch at my sister's house and some quality time on her deck Sunday afternoon, we headed back to my house to install the newly painted trellis. It is better than I could have imagined. I'm excited to enjoy the added privacy this summer! As an added bonus, I got my picnic table out of the garage, got my clogged gutter flushed, and screens on my windows. After my parents headed home, I even got some seeds sowed and my morning glories are soaking in water in preparation for their planting this evening. I'm looking forward to a summer of growth.

Comments

Popular Posts