Wisdom on Wednesday

I get this email every Wednesday at work. And like most training at work, it always seems to weigh in heavier on the personal side of my life. This particular email really spoke to where I am in my life right now. It talks about taking the time to appreciate where you've been. Because so many times we are focused on today's problems or the picture of our future, we forget how far we've come. In my head this looks like mountain climbing (or in my Midwest case, bluff climbing). In every moment is a challenge and through each step you focus on the summit to get you through. But if you stop to take a breather and turn around, you'll be surprised to find how far up the bluff you've climbed. When I think about where I was living ten years ago (some of you remember Cameron Avenue) and the fact that I was unemployed and facing some challenging personal relationships, I almost can't believe it was me! Even recently I was reminded of some of my high school activities. Although I've maintained remnants of some bad behaviors, I can barely even see them any more from the heights I've achieved. Although I may have a long way to go before I reach my goal, I know that with continued effort, each day brings me one step closer. I can't even fathom the view from up there.

Comments

Popular Posts