Hey...Nice Hens

On the final weekend of "The Nerd," my sister managed to catch a snapshot of my hens back stage. After the show, the hens flocked back to my place where they will take up roost in my basement. As a matter of fact, I managed to pack a whole trunk-full of props to dump at home. Sunday was strike and I packed the rest of the props and two new room divider screens into my Bug before helping my sister deep clean the make up supply and clean up the dressing rooms. Then I moved onto the stage to remove legs from the countless platforms and then haul them outside to be loaded onto trucks going back to storage. I remembered why strike is so sad...it is hotter than hell! The school usually saves money by not turning on the air conditioning and with the door open all afternoon, air probably wouldn't help anyhow. After you've gotten a slick coating of sweat all over and your clothes begin to cling, you have to crawl around on the stage and end up covered in sawdust. As the sadness washes over you, you head home for a shower.

Comments

Popular Posts