Shadows Of The Night

Last night Peanut and I were walking with the shadows of the night. Peanut told me to take his leash it'd be alright. We surrendered all our dreams to the lightening bugs last night so they'll come true in the end.

Last night I stayed at work until about 7:30 completing some theatre work like making tickets, performance posters, emailable show posters, bio forms, and such. Looking at my calendar, I realized we needed to start selling tickets today! And my program deadline is only about a week and a half away! Where did the summer go?

By the time I got home at eight, Peanut was a hungry boy. I threw a load of clothes in the washer, watered my shrubs and new grass, and made myself some dinner. After all that, Peanut and I headed out for a walk about 9:30. There was a damp coolness to the air and with each step we encountered little lightening bugs to light our way. Occasionally the scent of citronella and campfire wafted up to me and I inhaled deeply. It was like a second-hand meditation of fire.

The evening reminded me of the long walks around my grandparent's camp site, Pioneer Park, as the other campers tended their fires, sang songs, and roasted marshmallows. In those days, most camp sites had little bug zappers and we were walking my grandparent's puppy. When I curled up in bed last night with my current read, The Sacred Journey of the Peaceful Warrior, the weight of my blanket reminded me of those pretty pink rose-patterned blankets at Pioneer Park where I spent my summer vacation every year. The only thing missing was the sound of rain on the roof.

Comments

Popular Posts