Pause

All of a sudden, everything happens at once. Why is that? This week I began some freelance design work for a new theatre in town. It was all stuff that had to be done right away of course. Auditions for The Muse Theatre's first show are scheduled for next Tuesday. I'm looking forward to a long career supporting the theatre.

I have also been hired to do some painting for a friend of mine. This is also a project under considerable deadline because it needs to be completed for a house guest coming at the end of the month. I wish I could get that City of La Crosse application back and change the painting experience answer from "not professionally" to "heck yes!"

Early this week I also auditioned for La Crosse Community Theatre's next show Something's Afoot. As it turns out, there are call backs tonight. Since I will be in a To Kill A Mockingbird performance, my director (who is also the next show's director) plans to pull me aside. I'm not quite sure what that means, but for some reason, I feel like I need to learn a joke.

This morning we performed To Kill A Mockingbird for area high school students. They were one of the most receptive audiences we've had yet. At that moment in the show when this group of kids actually got it and stood up, it made me proud to do what I do. We have a unique opportunity to affect people, young and old. I love live theatre.

As we prepared for our 9am show this morning in the green room, we as actors discussed the thing most people probably discussed today. The thing that most people will take a moment to pause and reflect upon today. Where were you seven years ago?

Comments

  1. I'm so glad to see an updated blog...I've missed you! Next time I'm home we'll have to catch up. Glad to hear that there are jobs coming your way.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts