I Need A Little Christmas

I may be rushing things, but I need a little Christmas right this very minute. I’ve hauled out the holly and put up my Christmas tree. I even hung stockings and my evergreen bow. Yesterday listening to my itunes XMAS playlist, I decked the halls again. Each old Christmas decoration I unwrapped brought a smile to my face and another smile as I found the perfect place to display it in my home. Decorating for the holidays makes me crave pizza since this was our traditional Christmas Eve meal growing up. Santa always was left a slice! After a few slices of my own and a few more songs, I poured a glass of my brother’s mead (a new holiday tradition) and put my feet up to bask in the warm glow of little white lights. Mame’s “We Need A Little Christmas” began to play and it’s lyrics resonated with me… For I’ve grown a little leaner Grown a little colder Grown a little sadder Grown a little older And I need a little angel Sitting on my shoulder Need a little Christmas now I’m sure they would resonate with a lot of people this Christmas season. My advise to you is to deck your halls, steep yourself in traditions, and remember that the holiday season is about the people you share it with. Oh, and Santa, dear, we’re in a hurry.

Comments

Popular Posts