Snow Storm

With warnings from my sister and a friend, I prepared for our first big snow storm. I headed to my sister's to enjoy a quick internet session to catch up on emails and the such. When I emerged from her basement the sky was darker and the snow was coming down fast. I had to brush off my car before hitting the road. I postponed my trip to the grocery store in favor of getting home more quickly. I took the long way home, but was able to travel at a comfortable pace and made it over the hill safely. I shovelled my driveway that night to ease the pain of shovelling the whole twelve-inch snowfall at once. I was glad I did. The next day's light showed more snow on my driveway than I expected. The good news was that it wasn't snowing very hard on day two of the big storm. By the afternoon my driveway was cleared and so had the sky. I had planned to do some holiday baking during the storm, but the shining sun was begging me to hang my holiday garland on the front of my house. I conceded and I'm sure glad I did. For some reason, little white lights twinkling in between the boughs give me great joy. It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas!

Comments

  1. We missed the worst of the snow storms up here...seems kinda funny to me that since I've moved "up north" that the snow storms have been hitting harder in the southern part of the state. Go Figure!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts