Happy Holidays

Life has been busy! I was able to plan a Christmas Eve dinner party for some close friends. It gave me the perfect opportunity to share my cooking expertise and a smoke-filled kitchen for a delightful evening. Really, the smoke didn't detract too much from the rest of the delicious meal. I was grateful to be able to share my tradition with such good friends and they've agreed to be my guinea pigs any time...despite the smoke. New Years left me suffering from the flu. I'm sticking to my guns and blaming it on the little germ carrying children. I think this marks about the third flu I've suffered through in my thirty years. Why does it always strike on a holiday? Again, the answer is germ-carriers. I'm thinking I'm going to start a new side bar to let you know what household chores you should be doing to keep up with me. After all, I run the perfect household. However, feel free to make it your own. For instance, even though I disinfect my door knobs once a month, it is perfectly acceptable to do it after a bought of the flu as well. And that garbage can that stood guard by my sick bed also got a good dose of disinfectant even though it wasn't on the schedule for another two weeks. I don't know about you, but I'm excited for the possibilities that lie ahead in the new year. My motivation and optimism have been renewed and I'm ready to tackle this new year with vigor. Join me.

Comments

  1. Would you & peanut like to move in with me? I could really use an Eldon/Martha Stewart type to run my household. Sadly, most of your weekly chores are only done on a monthly basis (if that) at my house right now. So, if you ever decide you want to give living in Durand a shot, I have a room waiting for you! :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts