Cooling My Heals

I was supposed to depart for Springfield today, but because they were not able to secure a hotel room for me, I'm cooling my heals in my box-filled home. While waiting for hotel arrangements today, I cleaned up my back yard, picked up sticks, raked, and removed leaves from my rose beds. After hanging around for the majority of the afternoon, I decided it was best to stay here another night and hopefully tomorrow they will have hotel accommodations lined up for me. The car is mostly packed and I've taken the suggestion to put together an "overnight" bag with essential items so if I end up moving between hotels within the first couple of days, I will have all the essentials in one easily accessible bag. I think I'm all ready for take off tomorrow, and am turning my thoughts to getting a few more things in boxes around here. I only have one cupboard with dishes left in it (besides the supply of 80+ party glasses). I may have to turn my attention to the basement or garage, and yet, my feet are hot and tired.

Comments

  1. I'm so excited for you! I'll never know what it is like to start someplace new. Enjoy your fresh start. See you at Reggae.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts