Delicious Day

On impulse for lunch I tried out two new recipes. I'm not sure what got into me, but I decided that Black Bean Cakes with Salsa and Coconut-Lime Chicken Soup went well together. They didn't really. The smell of the soup was making me a little apprehensive to try it. It didn't smell bad, it just didn't smell great. But as it simmered away, I prepared the Black Bean Cakes and got one on the skillet while mixing up the chili powder seasoned sour cream topping. I couldn't wait to try them. They contained black beans, drained salsa, jalepeno, chili powder, and cornmeal muffin mix. Looking at the recipe list now, it is obvious to me what is missing. They need salt and garlic. Doesn't everything? Well, in my kitchen, it is a safe bet that salt and garlic will bring anything around to my liking. I'm looking forward to trying it out. I formed the rest of the mix into patties and plan to freeze them. I figure when I cook them, I can season them on the skillet. The bonus was that the soup was delicious beyond all reason! If you like coconut this soup is for you. The coconut flavor mixed with the crisp carrots made me feel like I was actually biting into pieces of coconut. I now know why they put the lime in the coconut. It is a delicious pairing! Check out the soup recipe under Lonely Girl Recipes on the right column. Happy cooking!

Comments

Popular Posts