Firsts

Yesterday I drove to Springfield. It actually hit me for the first time that I wouldn't be coming back home right away. That I-39 stretch nearly killed me, but after getting on I-55 and driving that last hour into Springfield, I couldn't have felt better about it. It is GREEN here! The grass has been mowed...several times in most cases and there is this tree with purple flowers in bloom all along I-55. Oddly enough, it felt like I was coming home. I easily found my hotel, got checked in, and had help transporting my apartment belongings up to my room. I enjoyed dinner and drinks on the first floor Bennigan's and headed up to my room late. I unpacked the essentials for the next day, but that was about it. Today I woke early and after an early departure and only one extra loop around the block of the hotel, was on my way to work. I easily navigated there as well. It feels like I already know where I'm going. After a whole day of firsts at the office, I had my first happy hour at Docker's Bar...well as an employee of the radio station anyhow. After a lovely dinner of garlic chicken, I headed back to the hotel and actually got all my things unpacked and put away! I feel at home and at ease already. I guess I'm ready for day two! If only I had a coffee maker...

Comments

Popular Posts