Rough Waters In The Sea Of Newness

Today I planned to open a checking account, deposit my checks, and give a check to my new landlord when I signed the lease. When I got to work, the radio told me I should go to this credit union. I thought...hey...I should go to that credit union. I did some online research and found out they have a branch on the road between my house and work. How convenient is that? So at lunchtime I headed over there to open an account. Snag. My credit score wasn't good enough to open an account, but they said if I had an Illinois driver's license they would open one for me. Okay. I'm on my way to give my landlord a check. I guess I need a check now. Besides, don't I need a permanent address to get an Illinois driver's license? How do I go about doing that without the bank account to write the check to pay the landlord? I had applied online at another bank the day before, so I gave them a call back. They were much more customer friendly and after doing much of the work over the phone, I headed over there to close the deal. I forgot my second form of ID in WI, so that was a problem, but one they overlooked, thank goodness. The other problem was that although my business manager had given me my checks early, she still had dated them for tomorrow. They spent a good amount of time tracking down if it was okay to cash them. By the time I met with my landlord, signed the lease, got the keys, and exchanged a few words, I was rushing back to work. The whole ordeal took up a good chunk of the afternoon and I really felt spent by the time I got back to doing my job. I'm so glad I got a few cocktails in at Docker's before heading home. Hopefully after the chicken comes out of the oven I'll be motivated to do some freelance work. I hope.

Comments

Popular Posts