Extra Special Antiquing

I had an extra special house guest (my first) over the last weekend! She helped me explore a little bit of Springfield I hadn't yet seen. We checked out Washington Park (picnicable), Lake Springfield (swimable), and a few antique stores! I fell in love with and scored a yellow chenille bedspread for twenty bucks! It is the perfect summer weight and big enough for me even with Peanut anchoring down the other side. He likes it too. I picked up a couple of ink-looking sketches. They have a sloppy style that is oh-so me. Right now they are living on the mantel. My extra special guest brought my vine window panels and a side char. I'm so excited to have a place to set things when I walk in the door! (I know I'm a dork.)
The other big score from the Antique store was a bunch of aqua-colored glass quart jars. I wanted to use these for an upcoming 4th of July picnic I'm planning, but I've fallen in love with them. They are living on the window sill in my porch (which I've decided to accessorize only in teals).
I'm looking ahead to my trip to Wisconsin to get the rest of my things and a house warming party here in August! Stay tuned.

Comments

Popular Posts