The Eve Of Another New

This morning started one way traffic around the Illinois State Fair Grounds. This does not affect my travel to work, but on the way home, I have to go about 330 degrees around the fairground loop in order to get back to my street. They've posted no parking signs just about everywhere (where do the people park?) and put up those fancy stripey barrels and arrow signs directing people to fair ground gates. People have been driving comfortably in the left lane all day long. I feel that electricity like before a storm. I can feel it rolling in, but have yet to see any action. There is a parade tonight that I will not attend and then I think tomorrow everything gets rolling. The grounds are about a block and a half from my house, so I'm interested to see what kind of action I'll get. I know the school across the street sells parking spots in it's playground. Will I hear the music? I'll have to walk up and check out what all the fuss is about over the weekend. Our stations will be hangin' in the Coors tent, so it is a safe bet there will be cold beverages at least. And the newness just keeps on a comin'.

Comments

Popular Posts