Rest And Relaxation

The party is over. It was probably the worst-planned party of my career and yet with a huge final push from my parents and their friends, everything was finished and we were able to kick up our heels and enjoy some mai tais in the fading heat of the hot August evening. The turnout was fairly small, but we compensated by having more fun. A few of us hard-core partiers finished the night at Franny's neighborhood bar at 1am. I was definitely ready for beddy by then. Sunday, again with the help of my parents and their friends, I managed to get the backyard cleaned up and some remaining food stuffs put away. I packed up all the decorations and found new shelf space for them downstairs. As I lazed away the rest of the day, the only thing remaining was the mound of dirty dishes on my counter (and my breakfast bar, and my stove, and my floor!). Tonight I plan to tackle the mess and get the garbage out. When that is completed, I will settle down into the house that is completely put together and I'll have nothing to do! I'm looking forward to the rest and relaxation, but I wonder... what's next?

Comments

  1. Good Times, friend. Wonderful party, loved seeing your new place and meeting all the IL people.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts