Community In La Crosse

I counted Oktoberfest in La Crosse, Wisconsin as my community event last week and it really was. I spent time catching up with a lot of old friends. I enjoyed about an hour of the parade (just enough for me) from the radio station parking lot with a beer in hand and brats and pudding shots within reach. I made it to a few bars and then back to the fest grounds to fill up on fabulous fest food and catch the amazing Jim Busta Band. I am sad that I will miss Brat Pack Radio this year, but am grateful for the community time I had in La Crosse. Lucky for my Illinois co-workers, I was able to bring some of the Oktoberfest back with me. I smuggled some good old Wisconsin brats (and brat buns) back across the border. My boss man supplemented the lunch with hamburgers and hot dogs from our local hometown market and grilled them all up for us to enjoy over lunch today. As with any Oktoberfest, you never know what the weather will bring. My time in La Crosse last Saturday was absolutely beautiful. Today is shaping up to be pretty warm, but with nightfall, those clear blue skies are going to leave us a bit chilly. I'll be attending the Blink 182 concert at the OUTDOOR Verizon Wireless Amphitheater tonight and really experiencing that brisk fall weather. I think I'm going to have to dig out some sweaters and gloves. Happy Oktoberfest!

Comments

Popular Posts