I'm Going For A Turkey!

I don't even remember what that means. When I used to be on a bowling league that once I remember talking about poultry. I'm so excited to break out my old bowling ball for Big Brothers Big Sisters Bowl for Kids Sake this March! A lady at work has organized a team and I jumped at the opportunity to lace up some stinky shoes and shuffle on down the lanes. I haven't bowled in so long I fear I'll have some seriously soar muscles the next day. My ball weighs something in the vicinity of 14 1/2 pounds and I remember it being a little on the heavy side when I bowled every week. Hopefully my pilates weight training serious will get my arms in shape by then. Along with all this fun, comes some serious fundraising too. Since I don't know anybody, I'm counting on each and every one of you to click that link in the upper right-hand column and make a donation to my team today! Remember that you are supporting Big Brothers Big Sisters to provide one-to-one mentoring programs to children who need a positive adult influence or friend in their lives. We all know I'm not that lady, so let's help the little ones find someone who can help them! All of the money raised stays in Sangamon County. I know that isn't so exciting for any of my Wisconsin supporters, but remember that you're helping me support my community. My little pledge sheet says that children matched with a Big Brother or Big Sister are less likely to use drugs and alcohol, skip a day of school (we all know I have some karma to make up here) , or engage in violent behavior, and are more likely to improve their academic performance, become more self-confident, and develop better relationships with their families and peers. And isn't that what it is really all about? Thanks for your support!

Comments

Popular Posts