Yum Yum Bruschetta

After watching the movie Julie & Julia several times last week, I was craving bruschetta like nobody's business. If you've seen the movie, you probably understand why. As Julie comes to the realization that she should cook her way through Julia Child's cookbook and blog about it, she is preparing and eating the most delicious looking bruschetta you've ever seen. I knew I had a recipe somewhere for bruschetta, so I picked up some french bread on the way home last night. I searched high and low and finally found the recipe only to be disappointed by it. I figured, what is there to bruschetta? Tomatoes and stuff, right? I'll just make my own. I used ingredients I had in the house, but thought I would like the addition of yellow or orange peppers. I also ended up picking up a small loaf of french bread that was already cut into thin slices, so I used 4 toasts, but with normal french bread the bruschetta may top more like 2 or 3 pieces. Anyhow, point being, that lacking the Julie & Julia recipe I think I made a pretty delish bruschetta. The fresh garlic really packs a punch! I may make more this weekend after I try my Ratatouille Pizza with Chicken. Check out my recipe in the column on the right.

Comments

Popular Posts