Love Is In The Air

And admiration, respect, and gratitude. It's that time of year that I like to reflect on all the people I care about, all the people around me who make a difference in my life every day. It has been a long crazy road since this time last year. When I think times are hard, all I have to do is reflect on last year at this time when times were definitely a little harder.

Thanks to everyone who helped me get by last year. Obviously there is no way for me to express how much it means when your sister makes you dinner because she knows you don't have any food at home. Or all those surprising windfalls that always came just in time to pay another bill. Thank you, thank you, thank you.

Luckily I was eventually blessed with a job and although it was a very hard decision to move half way around the world, I have to appreciate all the people who made it possible. Thanks to everyone who supported my decision even if it sucked for you. I really needed it because it was pretty hard on me too.

And thanks to all those people who helped me move...over and over again. That brings me to my new supporters. Even as a newbie here, there were plenty of people willing to lend me a hand to get unpacked and settled in. I have the best net of supporters from within my new work community. These people haven't even known me a year and still have meant a lot to me already.

I was thrilled to embark on a new theatre career in Springfield and even more thrilled to meet a few people outside the circle of work. Even though I only spent a few months with these people, they are theatre family for life.

The biggest thanks goes out to my parents and close friends. I have this bad habit of thinking nobody cares about me, but it is this close group of people who are more than willing to knock the sense back into me. Thank you for everything you do and everything you are. You mean the world to me.

And thanks to everyone who made me laugh and made me smile. I am grateful for every moment of joy. 

Happy Valentine's Day. I wish you all a year filled with love.

Comments

Popular Posts