Successfully Extended

I scored an appointment at the H&R Block tonight to FINALLY get my taxes done. I arrived about ten minutes early and waited over 40 minutes. People came in after me and were served before me. I'm not really sure that having an appointment was in my favor.

When I finally ended up getting called, it was by the dufus I kept secretly hoping I would NOT get stuck with. Oh joy! I was not feeling confident in his tax preparing expertise. In our short 15-minute meeting he seemed to have way too many issues.

So, as luck would have it, I was unable to file today and instead filed an extension. You see, I'd been given a corrected W2 by my employer and was told to use that instead of the original. As it turns out, it was the original that had all of my information on it. You have no idea how much I wish I didn't have a cross-cut shredder because I may have been able to retrieve the documents I shredded moments before heading out the door for my appointment.

So there was nothing I could do at this point. And I'm glad to know I have another six months before I have to do this again. ;)

Comments

Popular Posts