Day 2

I took a sick day today to stay home with Peanut. I started my day with a 630 am trip to Menards to buy a piece of plywood to use as a ramp. It was tricky getting it into the Vue, but I got it home and stapled some old rugs to it for Peanut's nails to grip.

He went down it (fast) but without much hesitation. Going back up is another story all together. He was still nervous on our last trip in for the night.

The toe pinch revealed he still has feeling in all four of his legs today. However his legs have been shaking. I'm not sure if that is from the drugs or weakness. He did eat breakfast today, but still hasn't touched suppertime.

Right away I knew I wouldn't be able to just hide his pills in his food, so I was thankful for pill pockets. He still loves their meaty goodness. I ran out tonight to pick up some more. Fingers crossed it keeps working. The second dose today he threw on the floor a couple times.

Peanut is less trippy today, but fairly mellow from his drugs. I spent some time on the bathroom floor petting him. It was quality bathroom time.

Comments

Popular Posts