A Walk In The Park

I took advantage of the partly sunny skies today to venture out for a walk along the river. My goal was to make it to the park, but seriously thought I'd do a 30-minute walk. When I got to the park, I just had to start down the River View trail that I ventured down so many times when I had friends working at Sullivans. And once I was on the trail I figured I could make it to the parking lot with the water pump.  An hour and a half later I dragged myself back up the steps of the Hotel Sherman and collapsed onto the couch with a bottle of water.

NOTES: That water pump does not exist anymore. Why doesn't the park have water fountains? Tomorrow I will bring a bottle of water....and some bug spray. Once I worked up a good stink, I had a hard time shaking the bugs buzzing around my head. Nothing feels more glorious than a shower after an all-over, down to your panties sweat. (TMI?)

Still, I can't really complain. It was a glorious way to spend an hour and a half of my early afternoon. Next up... drinking outdoors at the Logger's game. What a perfect day.

Comments

Popular Posts