Fun With The Folks

My folks took off from Janesville this morning and I did a whole day's worth of cleaning before they arrived around noon.

Our first order of business was checking out the Hickory River Smokehouse. I've never been there, so we shared an Illinois adventure. We all thoroughly enjoyed our meat sandwiches. Then it was off to Menards to pick up some lightbulbs for a nightlight. I ended up with a new kitchen rug, a filter for my washing machine discharge hose, a sprinkler, and a grill brush, among other things.

Then we hit up Hobby Lobby to purchase some Christmas decorations for their 40th wedding anniversary party next weekend. I've never been happier to see Christmas out in July. See my parents actually got married in December, so their party will have a winter theme with a ruby twist in honor of their 40th year together. It is going to be fantastic and I still want to go. They are getting the best cake in La Crosse... hell, probably the best cake in Wisconsin. I want a piece of that! If only the stars would align.

We capped off our day with grilled brats, cheese curds, sweet corn, watermelon, and some pop corn and Saturday Night Live. Peanut and I had a lot of fun with the folks today!

Comments

Popular Posts