Dreams Do Come True

There was a time, long, long ago, when I believed with all my heart I would never own a DVD player because they were too expensive. Within a year I won one at my company Christmas party. I'm still using it almost ten years later.

There was also a time in the more recent past when I dreamed of mixing up holiday cookies in a flash with a big, fancy Kitchenaid stand mixer...a red one. This year brought this once unattainable luxury into my kitchen. In a twist of fate, my parents who couldn't seem to ever find a good deal on a cool edge griddle for me, must have gotten a fantastic deal in order to present me my very own stand mixer...in red. As a birthday and Christmas present for this year, it was more than I could have possibly asked for.

And then I woke up today and headed to work. My bosses who surprised me with a Bed Bath & Beyond gift certificate for my birthday...recently exchanged for one fantabulous Ninja...had another surprise up their sleeves for Christmas. Today they presented me with A BRAND NEW CAR! Just kidding. It was just as thrilling, though, when I opened the package to reveal a brand new remote for my car! I had always felt jipped by Tjelmeland when they sold me a 2004 Saturn without a remote. And although they promised to look for one, shockingly enough I haven't heard a word about it since I signed on the line. So today my bosses made it all better. All I have to do is stop in to get it programmed! Hopefuuly I can sqeeze that in before my trip to Wisconsin. What a dream!

Apparently anything is possible!

Comments

Popular Posts