A Long Weekend

I departed from a 68° Springfield on Thursday night. I was so warm while loading the car that I decided to ditch my winter supplies from the back of the car and I didn't even pack mittens, scarf, and hat.

Friday in Wisconsin was colder than I expected, so after a lovely visit with my sister I borrowed some winter supplies from her to get me through the weekend.

Friday I enjoyed seeing my extended family at the weekly Friday fish outing and then headed to the Trempealeau Hotel to meet up with the girls of the Trempealeau breakfast club. We thoroughly enjoyed our girl talk and several dirty martinis. So much so in fact that I ended up canceling most of my Saturday plans to enjoy breakfast and lounging at the Hotel Sherman. I love me some HGTV!

Saturday afternoon I got to tour Blondy's new house. How very exciting! What a great birthday present for her. Then I took her for her first antique experience and out for dinner and drinks at The Freighthouse. It was a classic birthday celebration and we enjoyed another girls' night out.

Sunday was going home day and my dad woke me up early due to the start of a blizzard so I could get on the road before it got too bad. I was literally packed up, Peanut in the back seat, ready to pull out of the driveway when I got the call that Boss Man was stranded in the snowstorm. He advised me to stay put which gave my mom and me plenty of time for several dice game tournaments. It was the perfect snow day.

Monday found me sitting in on a training webinar from the stations in La Crosse and then they set me up to remotely access my computer so I could get some work done. I was exporting my log right at the stroke of five and someone mentioned John's Bar...for old times sake. What a perfect way to wrap up my extended visit in the snow state.

I truly packed in every inch of fun I could muster this weekend, but I'm glad to be home and I'm glad all the snow here is gone. I'm so done with winter!

Comments

  1. Awesome blog. How do we contact you with questions?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts