Taste of Italy Success

I had a slow start to my party prepping on Saturday. I needed some last minute groceries that I didn't have time to pick up on Friday and I realized I had left my stereo at work that I needed for porchtime entertainment.

Once those errands were taken care of, I tackled task after task breaking only for a late lunch. In keeping with the theme of the day, I had a pita pocket with tomatoes, mozzarella, and basil. I buttered the outside, sprinkled with garlic powder and grilled. Delish!

My first guests arrived just after I set the pizza crust aside to rise. I was still setting out the meat and cheese trays, grapes, and antipasto. The panna cotta was luckily all set up after I had spent most of the day working on the three layer cappuccino delight. Well worth all the effort. The tiramisu cakes needed a topping of cool whip and a sprinkle of cinnamon before heading out to the buffet.

By the time all that was done I had garlic knots in the oven, spaghetti sauce reheating on the stove, and water boiling for pasta. My pizza crust took a back burner as my guest finished up their tasty treats. I had a lot of cooks in my tiny little kitchen!

We had another pizza, three cheese tortellini, bruschetta, pepperoni stuffed mushrooms, italian salad, risotto, and the Taste of Italy (for the prize of a wine bottle opener)... lasagna! Honorable mentions went to the tortellini and spaghetti, but everything was delicious!

I didn't get nearly enough pictures. I captured this one during a lively game of Fact or Crap (in British accents). What a fabulously fun evening!

Comments

Popular Posts