Savory Start To Spaghetti!

Sweet mother of all things delicious! My first attempt at spaghetti sauce and turkey meatballs was not too shabby.

After researching recipes a bit online, I compiled the ingredients I thought I needed and then paired it down. The meatballs are one serving of meat (only half are shown here), but the sauce is not. I plan to freeze it like I normally would when opening a jar of store-bought sauce.

I sampled a meatball first without sauce so I could really taste the flavors. Let me tell you, they are savory. They consist of ground turkey, egg, veggie pulp, mushrooms, garlic, seasoning, and a little fine bread crumbs. I intended not to include those, but when mixing, I knew it was needed. Next time I'll tweak the rest of the ingredients to try to eliminate the bread crumbs. But the flavor, my friends, is fantastic.

The sauce was way too zippy for my ideal spaghetti sauce. It was more in line with my pizza sauce due to the cayenne pepper and red pepper flakes. Next time I'll skip those. Initially it was also way too sweet for me. I added a tablespoon of sugar, but there was apple and carrot in the veggie pulp I used and I think the sugar was unnecessary. Don't get me wrong, it was pretty damn good with the flavors I ended up with, but I can do better. I'm excited to try again!

Comments

Popular Posts