Southwind Sightseeing

As radio folk, we're granted special privileges. Tonight that meant a private tram ride tour of Southwind Park with complimentary tasting glass. Don't ask too many questions.

We arrived at Erin's Pavilion and were briefed on all the details of the park along with upcoming Father's Day Celebration info. This 80-acre state-of-the-art park is absolutely amazing starting with Erin's Pavilion being one of only 140 buildings in the world with this fancy schmancy platinum rating for being green.

The thought and care that poured into every little aspect if this park is astounding. We hopped on a golf cart tram and toured the entire thing complete with pit stops for explanations of all the super-cool stuff and behind-the-scenes details.

Southwind Park only opened in 2010, but it is going to get ever better with each passing year.

I'm contemplating a hot air balloon ride for the big Father's Day Celebration, but I also can't wait to host out of town guests. Dad and I could play bocce while Mom perched in the shade of the arbor. Some of my crazy friends might get coerced into a game of horse shoes. Sherman and I could take a bike ride around the park before a picnic in the tree house. Or if my nieces and nephew ever come to visit, they could cast a line into the pond, romp in the playground, or splash in the fountain.

I can hardly wait! Who is going to visit me first?

Comments

Popular Posts