Spring MO

We arrived safe and sound in Springfield, MO pretty close to our estimated time of arrival. We had just enough time to sort out our hotel rooms (mostly) freshen up and grab a couple overpriced drinks in the hotel bar before heading downtown for dinner with some radio folks here.

At Big Whiskey's, I enjoyed a couple watermelon drinks and our table enjoyed a buffet of appetizers including really tasty fried pickles! While waiting for our salads we discovered there was a room reserved for me that the desk clerk didn't mention at check-in, so after we finally got those salads eaten (mostly), and completed a walking tour of downtown, we headed back to the hotel to check into my vacant room.

Then we headed out on the town to a fancy little bar where they took such good care of us while we enjoyed country rockesque live music from a bunch of rock n roll cowboys. I enjoyed it (mostly). I'm not used to smoky bars anymore, but I understand last night was the last night for smoking in bars in Missouri...yay!

Maybe caverns on the agenda for today...

Comments

Popular Posts