Interesting Turn Of Events

Something interesting has been happening. It used to be that I had a lot of anxiety related to our annual sales conference. As a matter of fact, this time last year I was probably blogging about it. But this year was absolutely fantastic. Best sales conference ever.

I think there are a lot of contributing factors. Most obviously that this is my eighth conference, I've worked for two markets, and I just know more of the people then I did five years ago. That always puts me at ease. I find myself being much less introverted.

Also, just the experiences I've had over the last two years have forced me outside of my comfort zone and given me plenty of opportunities to work on some of my issues. Picking up and moving to another state was a big deal. Having nobody to call on for entertainment, I made my own and found out I am capable of a lot more on my own than I would have previously given myself credit for. I surprised myself even more in Florida on my recent loner vacation. I just keep building my confidence.

And last, but certainly not least, I have fantastic coworker friends! I had a full car of girls and we had the most fun on the road. The travel was enjoyable, our training together was good, and we had fun, fun, fun. I work with some pretty fantastic people! We're back and excited to kick some butt this year!

Comments

Popular Posts