Sunday Funday

Sunday was a winding down day. Friends began to go their separate ways. Some headed off towards Orlando early in the day. Those of us that remained hit up the pier and the shops for a little funday.

I enjoyed creamy strawberry cheesecake ice cream down by the pier. I purchased a few little things in the shops and resisted the temptation to buy any of the cute purses or bags.

Then we drove to Sanibal island for a little exploration. We saw a less than spectacular lighthouse, perused shells on the beach, and hunted for fancy glassware in the shops and wildlife at the refuge. And one of us even saw a flamingo (not me).

After returning to the hotel, I burned up a little of my rental car gas shuttling to the airport and secondary hotels. I returned to my room after dark and spent the evening getting my suitcases back in order and then lounging on my balcony under the bright moonlight.

It was a perfectly glorious day followed by a fantastically relaxing evening.

Comments

Popular Posts