Savory Lazy Start

We're having a lazy start to a busy weekend! I'm sure I'll regret it late tonight when I'm still scrambling to get everything done, but for now...it's glorious.

Even though my weekend alarm went off, I found myself slowly coming to around 1030. For anyone who's counting, that would have been eleven and a half hours of deep, deep sleep. At this point I have to assume I need it and thank my lucky stars I haven't gotten sick with how stressful this month has been.

So far I've managed to clean up my mess of a kitchen to free up counter space to brew a little java. I surfed the internet for a blueberry muffin recipe, tweaked it, and just pulled them out of the oven to cool. I scrambled a couple eggs with peppers and salsa and squeezed the juice from a ripe grapefruit for a late breakfast.

Now I'm sipping my java and contemplating the order of household tasks to efficiently tackle as many as possible before I head off to work for the day. And that's a whole different ball of wax.

But for now, I'm taking this slice of my day to savor the laziness.

Comments

Popular Posts