Follow Me on Pinterest Instagram

Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Practically Leisurely Whirlwind Weekend

My Wisconsin getaway weekend was slowed down slightly by an extra half day vacation time. Instead of hitting the road after dinner, I took the afternoon off and was arriving in Wisconsin after dinner.

Time. After dinnertime. I saved myself for a nosh of naked tenders at the BWW with my favorite spicy garlic sauce (both gluten free!). I was thrilled to leave there feeling great. Well I felt great about how I actually felt after eating, not so great about the pathetic trivia loss I suffered! I'm out of practice!

I also hit up a great deal of shopping establishments while vacationing in Wisconsin and I'm pleased with all my glorious finds. I enjoyed Friday Fish out with the family and quality sister time to boot! And of course I squeezed in a few dice game wins with my mom.

The visit culminated with the grand birthday celebration which was the purpose of the trip. A traditional birthday Freighthouse dinner was made sweeter with a pre-party wine tasting at Blondy's lilly pad. The birthday dinner itself was wrought with drama and intrigue as new boyfriends and other surprise conversations unfolded. I wish I had it all on tape! The evening blurred through the John's Bar, Bodega, and a Northside bar I don't care to mention. It was all the glorious fabulousness a birthday celebration should be.

The weekend came to a screeching halt on Sunday as I woke startled to find myself on Blondy's couch. And realized I drank a lot more than I have in a really long time. I was feeling a sympathy year older. I sealed the weekend with a lunch out with my mom's family and hit the road south. Thank goodness for a record travel time on the way home and a full week of nothing to help me recover!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...