Cheater Cheater Potato Eater

So to answer the question apparently on everyone's minds... My Whole30 Buddy is still on board with eating real food and feeling better (according to my last check in). I was disappointed she had cheated right at the time when her body was probably getting ready to forget all about those cravings. I told her she had to start over.

And let's be clear here, I'm not without fault myself. My first Whole30 I admittedly drank sweetened coconut milk. I also accidently ingested a few non-approved foods and learned my lessons.

In fact, I'm still learning plenty of lessons everyday. Every now and then I eat a food I think is okay only to glance at the label later and kick myself for being tricked into soy, starches, sweeteners, and worst of all...corn syrup!

And sometimes I just cheat. Over my weekend in Wisconsin I had a salad with most of the cheese scraped off...mostly. I had another salad with peas. I opted for a baked potato over veggies and took a small scoop of hash browns at the breakfast buffet. Oh, and my sister fed me cake with maple syrup in it and I indulged in a few adult beverages one night.

All in all, I practically don't recognize myself from three months ago! I'm cheating with peas for crying out loud! No garlic toast. No dinner rolls. No pasta salad. No beer. No pancakes and sweet rolls. I can't imagine ever going back. I guess it's true what they say about that Whole30 changing your life.

Comments

Popular Posts