GF Mini Egg Bakes

Yesterday in my post-parade induced stupor, I accidentally got out two servings of breakfast sausage to defrost. This morning I decided the best thing to do would be to brown it all and use half for a batch of my little egg bakes.
Egg Bakes pictured contain bacon, mushrooms, and green peppers.

I have struggled with what to call these. At first I was calling them egg cups because they are made in a cupcake pan. Then I thought omelet cups because they are omelet ingredients. But I've seen a lot of these types of recipes online that look blah ditty blah because they are only seasoned with salt and pepper.

Honestly I was developing this recipe before my first Whole30 and it was originally an egg bake using french bread. I pretty much have just removed the bread and increased the eggs. I play around with the ingredients depending on what I have, but this combination was dynamite!

Preheat oven to 350°. I use a dark pan. If you have a light pan, you may need to increase your oven temp by 25°. Grease a six muffin tin with coconut oil.

Whisk together:
1/4 tsp cream of tartar
3 eggs
1/4 C unsweetened coconut milk
2 Tbsp dijon mustard
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp garlic powder
Dash of black pepper

Stir in:*
1/2 C breakfast sausage, browned
1/4 C green peppers, diced and sauteed
1/4 C mushrooms, sliced and sauteed

Pour into muffin tins. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until eggs are set. Yummy!

I usually store leftovers in a small, airtight container for a grab and reheat breakfast on the go.

*I've also used red peppers and spinach. I think asparagus and red pepper would be divine. Pretty much endless variations.






Comments

Popular Posts