Sun Hangover

I found a bit o green to wear yesterday! I pulled a bright green La Crosse State University athleticy top out of my costume closet. I'm pretty sure I stole it from my parents basement years ago and never have worn it. It was my dad's from when UW-L was LSU. I got a lot of complements on it, so thanks Dad! I'll try to post a picture when I'm to a real computer.

I missed my traditional Saint Patty's day Irish car bombs, but I definitely don't miss the hangover! Thank you Whole30 for keeping me feeling good!

However, I do have a sun hangover. I arrived at parade central yesterday about 10 am. At the time of the balloon arch creation, it was pleasantly overcast. It wasn't too long before someone turned up the heat.

By the time the cannon signaled the parade start, the sky was mostly blue and that sun was beating down on my pasty white unprotected winter skin. And my sun headache had already begun.

After the bead zombies sucked every last bit of bead out of us and the balloon arch was lovingly passed on to some drunken balloon arch keeper, my head was throbbing. It wasn't until I was home and fed and collapsed in the couch did it really sink in how much I hurt everywhere. Including a painful farmers tan sunburn.

I'm so old! Did I mention I'm glad I wasn't drinking on top of it all? It was all I could do to stay awake for the delayed broadcast of 48 Hours Mystery!

Comments

Popular Posts