Quinoa Pilaf

I just was mentioning this recipe to a friend, but when I went to go search my blog I couldn't find it. I must never have gotten it into the old blog archives, so here it is!

Quinoa is gluten free and one of the grains I was hoping to reintroduce to my diet after my recent Whole30 with no grains. I haven't made this in ages, but I have been sampling the Quinoa pastas and have been happy to have no adverse affects.

Enjoy!

QUINOA PILAF
For those days when you just want to throw everything in a pot and eat 15 minutes later (like last night).

1/2 medium carrot, diced
1 rib celery, diced
1/4C green pepper, diced
1/4C red pepper, diced
1/4C quinoa
1/2C water
1 tsp olive oil
1/8 tsp oregano
1/8 tsp garlic powder
1/8 tsp salt
Sliced almonds, if desired.

1. Mix all ingredients (except almonds) in small sauce pan and bring to a boil.

2. Reduce heat to low, cover and cook 10-15 minutes or until all the water is absorbed.

3. Sprinkle with almonds and serve.

Comments

Popular Posts