Lovelies

I can't stop gazing lovingly at my new old furniture.
I recently destroyed my pressed board filing cabinet and swore I'd find an old piece of furniture to use in it's place. You know... Something that actually goes with the rest of everything else I own since it sits out in plain site in my living room.
I was losing hope and getting more and more anxious about the filing mess piling up when I stumbled upon this beauty at the local Habitat for Humanity Restore. I stopped in about a week ago and...nothing. But this weekend... Jackpot!
I was ready to fight the other two guys checking it out. As soon as they walked away I grabbed the $15 price tag and headed for the checkout. With tax it came to just over $16. You can't beat that! Now I just need filing boxes to finish it off and get my life back in order.
I gave the legs a little steel wool and polish action over the weekend and tonight I rubbed it down with scratch cover until it shone. So pretty. Can't stop gazing...
If only I could figure out what it was for. My guess was a 1960s stereo cabinet. It has a tambour door (a term I just learned from my online searching) and what appears to be shelf brackets inside. Either that or a liquor cabinet? I couldn't find anything like it online. If you have any ideas, please share!



Comments

Popular Posts